What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Broccoli

Broccoli

So this little guy is super yummy. New Dude re-affirmed that he loves this stuff.
In the process of trying to lose a few pounds and eat a little better, bringing in fresh veggies is a must. So, adding baby carrots and broccoli to the lunch snacks will be a new staple.
I also love broccoli. Even as a small child I would eat it as long as it wasn't cooked.

Odd, right?

Now, I can eat it in any form. The only problem is that it also has a permanent memory attached to it.

This story took place a few years ago. I had recently had a sledding accident and caused some kind of tear in my right shoulder. The way to fix this was pain pills and a sling.

I was working at the restaurant and could no longer serve because I couldn't hold trays or drinks. So I became a host for about 8 or so weeks.
One busy Friday, I was at the host stand when a assistant manager accidentally slammed into my bad arm. I had been there for 20 minutes and the pain was getting bad, really bad, fast. So I took half of a pain pill that I had brought with me.

Minus being a little crazy, the rest of the night went by okay.

Then, it started to happen. I got really pale and clammy. My stomach started to turn. I sat in the To Go Room and sipped on ginger ale and tried to eat some bread and crackers. This was working so when I felt better I went back to the host stand.
I was there for another 5 minutes before I was sprinting for the bathroom.

I stayed there for a few minutes while my entire lunch came scream out of my body. The problem with this was that it was both very violent and all encompassing.
My lunch, the fresh broccoli I had enjoyed earlier came burning out both my mouth AND nose.

I hope you  haven't had the joy of having those little broccoli bud things coming out of your nasal cavity but I hope you can skip that life lesson. It burned. It hurt. Some felt like they were stuck there for the next hour. Blowing you nose and having green little buds come out it not what I call fun.

I had to call a friend's husband to come pick me up because I was afraid to drive. I had him pull over once so I could puke a little bit more before we made it home. I crawled into bed and stayed there for the rest of the night.

Does anyone else have a story about a rough day at work or with food? If so let me know with a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment