What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Oh Work Shoes

Ode to my work shoes.

I have been holding on to this photo and this post for a very long time. Probably almost as soon as I started to write this blog.


I was going to follow the format of an ode and write a poem about these restaurant work shoes who had died. However, the pair I bought to replace them are almost dead too.

So here is a poem still but not in ode format.

Oh work shoes how you make me feel.
Sometimes sticky other times like I'm walking on a banana peel.

You once were shiny and black,
Now you're kept hidden in a sack.

You smell something awful,
it is almost of the point of being unlawful. 

I thank you for your service rendered.
But I think about sending you back to the vendor.

For your grippers no longer work.
Making you a very big jerk.

Water can creep in an wet my socks, 
That is why I should bury you in a box.

I thank you for all of your help,
I must go let you go before my feet yelp.

No comments:

Post a Comment