What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, January 17, 2014

New Sunglasses!


So every time I work out I pay myself a dollar. If it is a hike, bike ride, run, long walk, canoe trip, race, soccer game, anything that isn't just walking around a mall it counts. Hey, it's my game I can make it as easy as I want.

Well this reward system has been going on for about 5 years or so. The first time I decided to spend some of this earned money it was on sports bras and socks and things like that.

This second time it was for a pair of really nice sunglasses. I needed them because when I go bike riding I need protecting from things like rocks that could fly up and hit me in the face. With these glasses, they should not shatter, so I don't have to worry about rock or plastic in my eyes. And it is kind of hard to wear a hat while you're also wearing a helmet, so sun glasses are a better idea.

Anyway.

Like most things, this took a long time for me to save up for. Mostly because when I had hit about the $80 mark, someone came in my house and stole my stash. It was my fault for having it in the open, but their fault for being a$$holes that broke into my house.

So this year in December when everyone else was shopping for friends, family, and random strangers, I went and bought these. My sister helped me pick them out. When it comes to performance sunglasses the selection for women is a little limited.

They are super light weight, polarized, and don't fog up too much.

I went for about a 4 mile run. They fogged up a little, but nothing to bad. They didn't slip, even when I was pouring sweat. They kind of have a brown tint to them so everything in the woods kind had the feeling of fall. It is okay thought, they worked really well.

The downside was that when I looked at them closely, I had noticed that where the nose parts were, one of the screw holes looked like it had been chipped away or something,.

So a few days later I had to return them and get a new pair. I paid a small fortune for them, I wanted to get a full and problem free pair. The guy that was working seem frazzled. He said all he's been dealing with are exchanges and refunds. I told him I was sorry and took my new non-blemished glasses and headed out.

Does anyone else have a story about how they got their sunglasses? If so leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment