What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Lost and Found

*Note* This post was suppose to be sent out in December but as you can tell, never made it. I didn't want to change the dates so published it the way it was written. 

Inside this box is a pair of shoes. These shoes cost about $22. At one point I thought they cost $122.

About a week or two ago my work had an Angel tree for a local Boys and Girls Club. They had a few angels left that needed to be picked up. I figured I was in a good place I could go pick up something for a kid that might not get something otherwise.

So I picked up the Angle. It was a little dude and he was awesome because he wanted something specific, a pair of shoes, which I had to look up what they were because I'm not so hip with it. The good news was that at the store I was looking on-line they had several shoes that were in the budget that we were allowed to spend.

I went to the local mall. I apparently don't go there enough seeing as it took me about 3 laps around the mall and 15 more minutes then needed because I couldn't find the store.

I went in, I looked around, I didn't see anything, and then asked a sales staff. I had like 3 options at the actual store. However, only one pair was in the budget range. So I got the shoes and headed out.

My next stop was the bank. I had waited to go to it second because it would have involved left turns but if I did it second it would only be right turns.

So, I waited. I went to deposit the cash in the drive through ATM, because sadly, it is usually faster then doing the line inside or drive through with the tubes. Except, this machine is finicky and doesn't want to eat my money like I had hoped it would.



I went to this ATM with no one behind me, and as the machine spits the money back at me and on the ground, there are now like 4 people behind me.

I paniced, scoop up my money, try to get it all together to go deposit it in machines on the actual building.

However, at this point, I noticed I was missing $100. Now, so the thing is, you might ask, besides counting, how would I know I lost $100. I knew it immediately because the missing money was a new $100 bill. Which if you haven't seen yet, are currently very blue. Some refer to it as Monoploy money, but I assure you, it is not. Plus the blue money in Monopoly is $50, not $100.

Anyway, this money is now MIA. This one bill is missing. I cannot find it. It isn't in the bag, the purse, the car, I cannot find it. I deposit the money, and head back to work. I am not super happy at this point. I mean, I was tying to do something nice, and now I'm down $100. How in the world does that happen?

I was really upset and called Karma a B.

Not smart. It is really not smart, however I was upset. I mean, $100 is a lot of money. It isn't going to cause me to not eat, but it is not something one likes to loose. $1, $5, or even $10 I can forgive and stuff, but not $100. So the rest of my day is a little grayer.

The thing about it that makes it the whole thing worse is that I am upset about being upset about money. I hate it. There is no end, it is a circle with no exit.

I leave a message at the mall security machine. I might have possibly left the bill there. I figured maybe it fell out when I was digging around my purse to fetch my phone. Which is a fail on my part first for not stopping at the bank first and second because the bills were floating free. Why would I do that? Stupid right?

Well, that Friday New Dude and I left for the weekend to go visit the family. While driving down New Dude lost his phone. It fell off of his lap and hidden deep with-in the dark bowles of the driver seat area.

Found. He found it, and the missing $100 that I had been upset about, not ruin your day, but enough to make it less fun, $100 bill.

And I felt like an ass.

I called Karma a B.

I was the one who should have gone to the bank. I was upset that I couldn't even see clearly let alone think clearly.

So I'm here to let you know I'm and idiot and don't call Karam a B. until you 100000% sure it was her. It was probably just you being stupid.

Anyone else have something like this happen to you? Let me know with a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment