What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

As I sit here

This picture is from Christmas Day. I took all the ribbons. 
Hello! Greetings! Did you miss me? I have missed you guys. I apologize for my December absentees without notice. I tried to write, however, the holidays were kicking my butt.

The good news is that I'm back!

Or at least am going to try really hard to be on time with my posts. Also to finish some that I've started but have not finished.

2014 will hopefully be the year for accomplishing goals, trying even more new things, and finishing things that I have started.

As much as I'd like to list out all the things I did successfully last year and thing I need to improve upon, I'm tired.

I'm actually writing this post late at night while waiting for various rooms in my house to get a little warmer. It is currently like 10 degrees F. and about -5 or more with the wind chill.

Even with heaters in a room, I think we might have a slight freezing pipe issue.

That is okay, who needs sleep anyway?

The good news, is that I have a few minutes to actually stop in and let you know about a few of the randomness that has been my life.

In the restaurant world, well it has been less cherry and less fun. I had a shift that makes my nightmares about work, one of those stuck in the weeds, (in the restaurant world stuck in the weeds means you're behind on drinks, orders, you have too much to do, not enough time, not enough hands, and everything needs to be done right this minute.It is chaos, it is pain, it is frustration, it is horrible) look easy.

In my "real job" things have just been busy.

New Dude has to have a new name. He isn't shiny and new anymore. We've hit a year bench mark, a bench mark I have never even seen let a lone been too. So if you have any suggestions on his nick name that would be welcomed.

Family is doing well, just lots of babies and stuff.

Me, over all I'm good. I have some new aches and pains. My newest favorite is tennis elbow. I can get a brace for it if I want but I don't really want that many braces.

I start some swim lessons this weekend, this puts me in line with my goal of finishing a triathlon this year.This is very exciting news!

Alright, that is enough rambling for now. I promise to post more soon! Have a wonderful and warm day!

No comments:

Post a Comment