What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, January 10, 2014

Hello Kitty

Inside view of cat home.

So I came home tonight and it was really cold out side. Sitting on my porch was a kitty.

Well I thought it was a kitty, and to be sure I had to go inside turn on the light to the front porch and then came back around slowly to try and see it.

I didn't want to approach it if it was a ratcoon. It might have rabies. More importantly, it just wouldn't be allowed in the house and it's a wild animal, which is way more able to survive in all weather. 

So as I got closer and tried to do the whole, "Hey, kitty, kitty, kitty," which basically freaked it out and ran away.

To the dismay of my mother, who at the time I was talking on the phone with, I was going to let the kitty inside. 

But since it ran away, and it was suppose to be super cold tonight, I wanted to make sure it had a place to stay.

Today was garbage day and also paper recycling so the box that would have been perfect was now gone. After a short search in the basement I found a plastic container. I dumped out the contents and then found a blanket and sheet.

The first picture is the inside view of the new of the cat house. 

Because it is cold and the ground is froze, I thought this cat might be hungry. So I place a small dish of dog food next to it.

Now I know that it probably not going to eat the food, because it is dog food, but I don't have anything else and don't want to give it tuna fish.Why do cats even like tuna? How do they like it? Most of them couldn't kill a tuna. 

I guess that is a different argument for a different day. 

Cat home
Anyway, I don't know if the kitty is coming back or not, but if it does, it will have a place at least out of the direct wind to stay.

When it is cold out side keep your pets safely inside! They might not have to be in your bed but at least give them some kind of shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment