What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, August 15, 2014

Curtins for You

I am awesome.

I am super duper excited to show off my handy work. See the the curtains in the above picture?

They use to touch the ground and collect some of my dust bunnies. The rest of the bunnies live safely under the couches and beds. No worries. 

I hemmed them! I cut off 14 inches and even gave it an 1.5 inch hem with double rows. I'd say that they are parallel but that's a lie. My straight stitching isn't as straight as I'd hope. Though I really shouldn't be surprised, I cannot draw straight lines, I cannot cut straight lies, why would I be able to sew them?

I am about to end working my second job at the restaurant. Now, I'll have some more free time, I guess now I get to work on all those little home projects that I always put off. Curtains today, soon to be room painting tomorrow. 

Anyone else have a recent crafting success? If you have let me know by leaving a message below!

No comments:

Post a Comment