What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Monday, August 18, 2014

End of an Era

By Iosphere from freedigitalphotos.net
It has happened. I have officially, after 6.5 years at one location and a combined experience of 10+ years in the restaurant world, left.

I had my last shift, served my last dish, clean up the last tray, and walked out of a kitchen with my slip resistant shoes for the last time. 

I cannot say never, but not anytime soon, I hope. 

There has been some highs and some lows. I have met some great people who will now be life long friends while left other not even knowing their name. 

I am okay leaving because I knew it was time. I was burnt out, I cared for my customers but couldn't give them what they deserved, not from me, but form the location. Where I worked caused me more anger and frustration and loss of sleep than the money or energy spent was worth.

I do miss my regulars and the cash but at this point that is the only thing that I miss. Again, if those are the only two things it is clear that it was a smart choice.

I went out without burning bridges or the place down, though both crossed my mind, more than once.

I might be gone for the it but the lessons I learned will stick with me for the rest of my life.

It wont just be things like that general public as a whole is dumb and cannot read, but things like people can still surprise you and how you can make and change someone's day with little things. Those lessons will always stick with me.

For those still in the trenches, good luck I wish you the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment