What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, August 22, 2014

Salad

Lunch

For the last two weeks or so most of my lunches have been salads.

Part of the reason is that I've had veggies that need to go away. Another part is because salads are semi-healthy. It has been hot and salads sound like a good idea.

One of my biggest fears about eating salads for lunch is starving 2 hours later and having nothing else to eat. 

I've found to be the solution to this problem.

Make yourself a nice big salad and fill it with stuff. 

When I say stuff, I don't mean bacon and crackers, even though both of those are amazing. What I mean is the tomatoes, the cucumbers, the broccoli, other veggies and nuts and lots of lettuce. It can be iceberg or romain or a mix. Depending on the day and the diet depends on how much the medical community loves or hates any of those salad options.

I also found that you have to have a good amount of protein as well. I like eggs or ham or cheese or a combination of both. Chicken or shrimp or tuna also work great.

The point is fill up. Make sure when you put your fork down you are satisfied and full. That way you're still eating healthier yet still actually feeling full.

When people say salads the image is usually a thin women, picking at lettuce on a plate and looking sad, depressed and unsatisfied. With that image I wouldn't want to eat them either, so I don't. I eat big salads that fill me up taste good.

I encourage you to go and try and make a simple big salad and bring it to work. You might be happier with it than you thought. 

*Note: I am not a doctor, dietitian, or anything else. I'm just a hungry person who wants to actually feel full after eating a salad. Take this suggestions and really any of my posts with a grain of salt.*

No comments:

Post a Comment