What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Elite Phone Club


it has finally happened. 

I have joined the elite club of broken screens and I brought it upon myself.

Too many days I have let my phone slip out of my fingers, or pocket, or purse. I let it hit the ground with no movement to stop it. I just winced as I hear the phone hit sidewalk , asphalt,  carpet, wooden floor, tile, or linoleum. 

I have, for the last year, been lucky. Most of my corners are torn up and have small chunks of plastic missing, but now, I have a permanent spiderweb on my screen.

I brought this upon myself a few ways. 

The first and foremost, I never got a case or screen protector even as it repetitively escaped my grasp.

I had, with a speaker issue, gone to a store and asked when I would qualify for an upgrade. Tempting karma once.

I thought several times how it was lucky that after all the falls the screen was never hurt. Karma temptation 2.
 
The increase of phone drops in one day jumped from 0-1 up to 3+.

But my major downfall was when I said out loud to myself. Good thing it doesn't fall on the screen.

Karma was done being tempted.

Ba-mm. 

Phone hit the ground.

The spiderweb now creeps from the corner. 

So far everything is working. We'll see how long it lasts. The good news is now if one of the million little kids I interact with their parents have no worries of their kids hurting it, I've already done a fantastic job of it by myself.

Has anyone else joined this club? If so tell me what happened with a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment