What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Gum/Punch in the Face


This looks like a simple pack of gum. 

It is actually a simple pack of gum for most people.

To me, this is a punch in the face waiting to happen.

I don't chew gum or use mints very often. Now that I type that, should I? Am I being a bad breath person to all the people around me? I don't know, but now I'm worried. Eh, I think that would be a different post.

Anyway, because I don't chew gum that often, when I do get it I get super excited. I open my purse the smell of mint entices me to have a piece, then another piece, then another piece and another. The next thing I know I've had about 4-5 pieces. 

That by itself isn't a problem. The problem arises the next day. I wake up and my face hurts. Like actually hurts. I rub my jaw and ponder if my stuffed animals are real and punched me in the night.

As the sleepy fog clears from my head and I open my purse for who knows what the sweet smell of mint greets me. Then it hits me like a train. The gum. The gum that I never chew and then kind of binge on punched me in the face. 

It's pretty much every other pack of gum that does this to me. It is guaranteed to happen on a road trips.

Does this happen to anyone else? Or is this just a ShanShan thing? Let me know with a comment below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment