What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Server Book Finds

Cards and such
So the other day, after I finished my last day as a server. I left my bag sitting in my kitchen floor for about 4 days before I moved it. 

I was trying to decide if I wanted to do anything fancy with the stuff in the bag. Did I want to just toss it in the trash? Did I want to set it on fire in the street? Did I want to try and give it all away to former servers? Did I want to hold on to any of it? What did I want to do with it?

Finally I decided to go through my server book. I found in it a few little treasures I had forgotten about. 

The top picture was a collection of cards. Some were from guests who were promoting their own skills and crafts. One of them was from a manager kind of trying to recruit me. That made me feel good that night for sure.


This note was from a very nice couple that witnessed someone just walking out and leaving. They ordered an appetizer, he said his wife wasn't feeling well. I guess I couldn't get to him fast enough and they just straight walked out without paying.  I was upset to say the least. The people who left this note also gave me a fat tip. However, what I remember most is just that someone else cared about me having a rough night that wasn't co-workers. They tried to make it better and with that simple act of kindness helped tons. I even thanked them the next time they came in.


This note is trying to get me to go to their church but still it was nice note of encouragement. It is was also nice to know that I made their night as well. The little moments when you treat people like people and both parties are better for it.


This is just a nice little note that New Dude put in my book one night. It was so sweet.I had to keep it.

They might not be much more then little pieces of paper, but they are little mementos of days now gone by and how I was able to make a difference in someone's life and how they could do the same for me.

Does anyone else have little things like this form work now or work in the past? If so let me know what it is with a comment below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment