What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, May 17, 2013

Candle Fail

After some slight crazy drama, my twin is going to be having two baby showers and I have been put in charge, for the most part, of the second one.
 
I have my games and activities all sorted out. The food and been discussed. The invitations went out a while ago, and what people are bringing have already been settled. I have created these lists and checked them over a few times and over the last few days I have been collecting supplies. I still need lots.
 
Well I was at TJ Max the other day looking for a dress for a wedding/work and I saw a few cute things that I thought would make good prizes. I know it is a baby shower, but being a grown adult with no kids of my own, why in the world would I want a tiny fake plastic baby bottle?
 
My mentality I that I'd like to find some nice things but maybe a little bit more particle.
 
It also being summer time, time for bugs and barbecues I saw this really cool set of citronella candles. They were small, colored, and in their own little glass candle holders. There were like 5, perfect for putting around a picnic table or chilling outside.
 
Particle, useful, and not too badly priced, I added it as a prize.
 
The dress and gift shopping took place during my lunch break. Which means I had to rush to get back to the office. I got back and just kept everything in my car.
 
The end story was, when I pulled out the candles to show people what one of the prizes was going to be, it had melted. Luckily in the bag and just all over the paper not on my new clothes or on anything in my car.
 
I knew their wax was soft but I didn't think that soft. And to be fair I had it leaning instead of lying flat.
 
So lesson number two about hot items in a car. The first was that wine bottles will blow their corks and now candles should be laid flat on the floor. This way if they do melt it doesn't go anywhere.
 
It kind of gentle reminder of how hot it is in cars. Please remember to NEVER leave your pet or small child in a car. Thanks, there is my safety announcement for today.
 
If anyone has a suggestion for a cute prize let me know! 

2 comments:

  1. Bed Bath & Beyond has cheap bottles of body wash, spray, etc. for about $2/ea. Or....dollar store...Also...never leave a bottle of your expensive perfume in the car during the heat either...it will explode and your car will smell like a french whore for about six months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude that perfume thing would sucks! Ha ha awesome! I'll just have to leave my cheap stuff in the car =)Thanks for the gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete