What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, May 31, 2013

Failed Work Day


Have you ever had one of those days that by 5pm you're running for the door?

It isn't for pure excitement for the weekend, or dinner, or movie night, a game, or the gym, its for the fear of doing anything else stupid at work that day.

Yeah, I had one of those days, about a week ago.

The day itself started off fine, everything was going smooth until I opened my mouth and wanted to help with some testing our department was doing.

It was one of those busy days where there were e-mails after e-mails asking for this to be tested and that was to be tested and please re-load this. All fine and well, it makes the day go by quicker.

However, one of these test files the people were asking for the test files to be printed. This file was going to our print vendor so it would actually be printed.

The tiny little voice and red flag started to wave and I was like... but it's a test. So I went back and doubled check to make sure they wanted this printed. They were like yes.

So I called the people and wanted to let them know that test files were going to be sent through.

I received a voice mail and proceeded to let them know that I was sending them the file and if that was okay.

"You can call be back at ###-###-#### and my extension is.. um, I actually have no idea what my extension is. I'll send you an e-mail with it. Thank so much and um. talk to you soon."

First Fail.

So the morning continues, I get a giggle, my co-workers get a giggle, the files are being sent, e-mails are being answered, life is busy but good.

We get a call back form the vendor informing us how we're suppose to be sending test files and if we do send test files please just send the whole thing like normal and just let them know. In other words we did it wrong by sending them a partial file.

Second Fail.

Then the afternoon rolls around. A co-worker that gets in later then me is reading through the e-mail and sees the whole things need to be printed. He's like no, no that's not right. I'm like what? I double checked, they wanted it printed. He then informed me that what the one people mean by print is totally different then what we mean by print and we need to call the vendor back and get them not to send or print those things.

So after some confusion and a lot of panic we call back the people to make sure the people know not to send these files. The one person we talk to informs us the other person that was dealing with our files is gone for today but it should be okay.

I was trying to be proactive. I was trying to cover all bases. I was trying to make sure we were on the same page.

I also did not proof read my e-mail before sending it out because I was kind of still panicking and freaking out a little.

I apologized for the incontinence this may have caused. Yes, you read right. I was hoping to put inconvenience but just went with the first little spell checked word instead of really reading the word.

Fail Three.

Co-workers point out mistake and my face turns bright red.

Five minutes later they point out I also misspelled a guys name.

Fail Four.

I sent another e-mail correcting my first error but not the name change one.

Then double checking that one, instead of putting again, I said gain.

Fail Five.

I didn't even realize it was five fails I thought it was only four. Wow. Yeah, last Thursday I was running for the door. As it kept happening my co-workers laughed and I was like give me 5 more minutes and I can join you but right now, nope not that funny.

Has anyone else had a work day like this? The whole foot in your mouth your "helping" and "making it better" just made it worse?

1 comment:

  1. EVERYONE has had a work day like that!! Sometimes...you just gotta call it day and go have a glass of wine. They next day is always better. This was funny Shannon!!

    ReplyDelete