What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Friday, May 10, 2013

Flowers for Mother's Day

These flowers are actually from my yard
This post is actually totally all about me and taking advantage of the holiday.
 
I went to the grocery store today during my lunch hour. I'm going to be working in a restaurant all weekend long and figured I'd grab a power bar or two. However, this location was not producing what I wanted so I gave up and vowed to go where I normally shop.
 
I don't know if anyone else has been in a grocery store but right now the WHOLE thing is packed with flowers. In vases, boxes, plastic bouquets, potted plants. Roses, tulips, daisies, baby's breath, ivy, fake, real, plastic, candy flowers, basically if it looks pretty then it is there.
 
Now why am I super excited about this?
 
Come Sunday night or Monday guess who's going flower shopping?
 
Me!
 
Most  the stores I know will have all of these beautiful, but not sold, flowers for little to nothing.
I can tell you that my house will probably have a few full vases or two.
 
These flowers, having done the low cost flower hunting a time or two, usually even last for about a week.
 
Flowers are one of those things that I enjoy, but I enjoy better when they are dirt cheap. They are already going to die/be gone in a short time, why pay for it?
 
People could argue the same for food, but I can eat the food. Not all flowers are eatable a lot of them are toxic.
 
Anyway, treat yourself, or mom, or girlfriend, or boyfriend, or anyone else on Monday with flowers!

2 comments:

  1. YEY for buying ourselves flowers!!!! I work with many women and they like flowers. Well one year, knowing I was single at the time, a floral box was delivered to the office. The ladies were certainly intrigued at who was the secret sender that they had not known about. When I was called to the office to pick up my delivery they were all smiles and asked..... sooooo who sent them? And I said, me. They looked at me stunned and asked again as if I were joking. To which I replied "No, really. I sent them to myself. I like flowers, and I had a coupon so I bought myself flowers. They were cheaper then buying as bouquet at the store." The card read, "You deserve these, you work hard. Love, Me" I then asked the ladies- do you like flowers? "Yes I love them! Oh yes, when my husband buys them it is such a surprise." I said, "well you like your nails done and hair cut, why not treat yourself to flowers?" They admitted I did have a point there, and I think I gave a whole new perspective on treating oneself right. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Lynn that is so great! I love it! You totally deserve the flowers! I might have to try that soon!

      Delete