What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fit Bit, No!


At work they offered to let us have a routine health check. There they checked height, weight, and did some blood work. By participating in this they also gave us a pedometer. Which was the Fit Bit Zip. I couldn't use it for a long while because I needed a real computer, not my Chrome book, to get everything working.

Well, when I got my new computer about a month ago, I was able to also plug and play with my Zip. 

It really is an eye opener, just how little walking I do in my day. Sitting at a computer really doesn't give you time to walk around and get in that many steps. Most of the time, if I want to reach my daily goal of 10,000 steps I have to walk during lunch just to make it possible. Kind of sad and crazy right?

When I waitress though, it is a different story, I always meet my limit and then a whole bunch more, which is not surprising but still, very informative.

With the Fit Bit Zip you have an account on line and it keeps track of everything, it is really kind of cool. 

You could go as crazy as food you eat, to hours you sleep an water drank, but right now I'm just paying attention to calories burned, distance covered and steps walked. 

I've been using this little guy pretty much daily for the last month, that was.. until today.

As you can tell my the picture above something went wrong. 


That something was me.

I came home from the restaurant and wanted to go to Kroger's and the bank, and I needed to get my uniform I was just wearing clean. I remembered to take pens and money out of my pocket, but forgot my Zip. 

I remembered this fact after we'd finished getting random things at Kroger and stopping by the bank. In other words, it was guaranteed that, if I had done what I thought I had done, I had washed my Zip. 

Yup, I got home, opened the now washed clothes and took the Zip off my work pants. 

Fail.
 
Good news, when I tapped it, it still smiled. However, I immediately took the Zip apart to let it dry the night. 

It seems a little confused this morning when I tried to put it together. It was giving my the same amount of steps I took yesterday, for today, but with no mileage walked. 

So, I left it at home to think about what it's doing, and hoping tomorrow, once it gets rested, it will be back to normal.

I don't know if it is water damage or the fact that I took the battery off so quickly that it seems lost and confused. 

I'll let you know tomorrow. However, I really like this thing, and if it died, am not sure if I'm willing to spend the money to replace it, but at the same time, want it back already.

Anyone else washed something they really didn't want too? Let me know by leaving a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment