What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Rotten Potatoes

This is a lot less fun then hot potato.

I was getting ready to throw some potatoes, onions, carrots, and chicken in a roasting pan. I was pulling everything together when I moved the potatoes.

And there was a smell. And liquid. And fuzz.

This bag of potatoes was gross. The bag was smelly, and leaking juices on my counter top and then in the sink where I put them.

I stood there for a while trying to decide if I can use the potatoes not covered in fuzz. After washing one for about 3 minutes I gave up. I didn't think they should be eaten. If one was that bad, all the bad stuff had to have touched the other potatoes right?

I went to throw them in the trash, just to be gone with them. However, I do have a compost pile, this is my rotten mess, I should deal with it. I made it, I need to own it.

I put the potatoes in the compost container, I turned on the porch light and went to walk to the back of my yard, where I quickly turned around.

I think we have a raccoon in our back yard. Something keeps knocking over recycle bins. I was afraid they'd get me. So I saved adding these smelly gross things to the compost pile for another day.

The potatoes did spend the night outside for fear of the smell. If you've never had the pleasure to enjoy rotting potatoes, please, avoid it. It is really, really, really bad.

Anyone else had some fruit or veggies go astray only to try and use the later and find them less then usable? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment