What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Blood Drive


After my tri I received a call from the American Red Cross to donate blood. It had been over 6 months since my last donation so I said yes.

Plus, I'm not training for anything right now so it works out even better. There have been a few times they'd call and I'd have to decline because of needing all my blood.

If you've never donated before it isn't to horrible. 

They ask you some questions, take your vitals and check your iron levels. If you pass this stage you get to get a needle stuck in your arm for about 20 minutes.

Once that is over it's cookie and juice time. I enjoy the heck out of the cookies. 

Then if you're lucky like me get to have a nice bruise for about a week and a half.


I'm O+ so most people can use my blood, so I like to help at least twice a year. Plus you can ask all of these random questions while you sit there. If they would let you take a nap while they did it even better. However, for the fear of people passing out or complications, nap time is not allowed. 

What's your favorite part of donating? Let me know by leaving a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment