What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Monday, June 15, 2015

Puppies!

This week we went and visited some puppies. New Dude's co-worker's dog had puppies. She is a Red Healer and the father is a Boarder Collie.

One of my goals is to do some farming with some herd animals. This litter of puppies are born from herding stock. That is something that we were actually looking for in a dog. So we are naturally curious.


Plus, do you see how cute these guys are? How can yous say no to the opportunity to come play with puppies? They make everything kind of melt away with their curiosity, their roundness, soft fur, and just open mindedness about life. Life is sweet and wonderful and great!


It was so nice to just ask question and play and watch these little guys. It also always fascinates me how how the color can change so much from puppy to puppy. The patterns and colors. 


It was such good fun and a great way to end the day until mamma came out side. I was sitting on the ground petting a sleeping pup and she just came out of the house and right over and bit me in the face.


This is the first time I've been bitten in the face by a dog. It knocked my glasses off and everything. I was in complete confusion. 

She ended up biting New Dude as well. We're not sure what caused it. It could be the smell of our cat. It could be because we were playing with her puppies while she was locked inside. I am not sure. All I know is that I have skin missing from my cheek and New Dude has bite marks in his leg. 

As a small child I was irrationally scared of cats and dogs. As we got older and then had dogs of our own I slowly grew out of it.  I hope that this incident does not change how I feel about dogs. Also, I hope the little puppy that we are probably going to get does not have the same reactions. We have a lot of friends, family, nieces, nephews, and just little kids around, we cannot have a randomly biting dog. 

I had a very vicious to stranger dog when I was growing up and it was no fun. I wouldn't want the same thing to happen when I'm older and I helped pick it out.  

Has anyone else been bitten by a dog on the face? If so, let me know if it changed you in anyway with a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment