What to Expect from Adventures With ShanShan

This blog takes ordinary events and makes them extraordinary. Okay, probably not, but you're going to be amused.

You can also follow the randomness at:
https://www.facebook.com/AdventuresWithShanShan

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Hoof Fest 2015

Hoof Fest 2015
This year I turn 29.

This is the end of my 20s.

So close to 30 it is a bit scary.

In celebration of this year I crossed off a bucket list item by eating Zebra meat. I've always wanted to eat zebra meat only because lions eat them. I figured if lions like them maybe I would too.


Around Christmas a friend of mine had a friend who had some exotic meats one of them being zebra. He asked if I still wanted to try it, and I was like, um yeah. So this meat traveled for miles from his friend, to him, to my parents,to me. It then said it my freezer for a few months. On Wednesday night I thawed it out and had it for dinner.

I called it Hoof Fest because we also ate lamb, beef, and venison. I tried to find bison but Kroger didn't have any when I went looking. 


I would like to tell you that the meal was amazing. We had little mini beef burgers, lamb burgers and a combination mini burgers, a beef gravy stew with the venison and then just sauteed zebra meat.

The zebra meat was very bland actually not much flavor. The lamb meat had more of a strong flavor than the zebra meat. However it was still good.

Plus, I was able to cross off a bucket list item that had been there for years. It has renewed my desire to revamp my bucket list. 

Has anyone else tried zebra before? What did you think? Let me know what a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment